Friday, December 19, 2008

Cruisin'

We didn't think to ask for a private table when we booked the cruise, so we ended up at a table for 6 with two other random couples. The first night at dinner was a little bit awkward with strained conversation with total strangers. Plus, one woman didn't have any luggage since the airline lost it on the way to Miami, so she didn't have any clothes (she was in a GREAT mood). They must have thought the same thing though. On night #2 lost luggage couple came to dinner an hour late (her formal wear was in her carry-on), and the other couple didn't show up at all (turns out they thought of themselves as pretty old, and they didn't want to dress up for formal night). On night #3 the lost luggage couple didn't show up, and the "we don't dress up" couple came 30 minutes late. So, as it turns out we did have some private dining (for at least the first 2 courses)!


We end up coming back from vacations with very few pictures of us together. Lots of pics of just me or just of Tom. I always feel funny asking random passers-by to act as our personal photographer. And without fail I always manage to pick a non-English speaker. No lie! On our honey-moon I asked someone to take our picture, and the man was deaf! Luckily, I was fresh out of my college courses in American Sign Language and didn't mind giving it a go. The cruise was no exception. Can't say for sure the nationality, but heavy accents and simplified requests were used to get this picture on the pool deck.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i spy a super duper bag! :) looks like y'all had a good time! --jill crownover

Scott, Heidi, and Marshall said...

haha--a super duper bag!!! That bag is super duper and you know it girl! i didn't realize you brought that on va-ca. i thought that was just for the pool. that bag has been a good one. i might even say tride and true.

Kelli said...

The pictures - well, they're amazing. I'm not jealous at all. Okay, I may be a little envious, but it's a righteous envy so it's okay. I mean, seriously, it's 8 degrees here so I am allowed a small amount of cruise envy, yes? Glad you guys had fun. You look great. Much love to you.

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! Yall look so happy!