Thursday, December 11, 2008
We're baaaack!
Tom and I took a 3 day cruise this past weekend to celebrate 8 years of wedded bliss. It was technically a Christmas gift and anniversary present, but either way it was a vacation with my hubby, so who needs an official reason? We had a wonderful time together! Too much food, fun people watching, lounging on the beach, still too much food, walking through shops in Nassau, trying on an 8- carat amethyst ring that made me envy, so I had to take it off, thinking our Brazilian taxi driver might kill us in a car crash before even getting to the ship, a delicious Cuban dinner in Miami, walking through Atlantis and trying to decide which of our kids we'd have to sell in order to stay there, and still way too much food..... We have some great memories from our time away, but we were ready to get back to our munchkins! We got home Monday afternoon and went right to their school to pick them up. Jack just said, "Hi, Daddy." Sam ran as fast as he could to hug us (that was the response I was looking for). And... we get home, and Munchkin #2 appears to be potty-trained. Way to go Loni and Pop! If I had known that 4 days away would teach Jack that he can't go potty in his "big-boy" underwear, I would have done it 6 months ago! Now he goes in the bathroom and tells me to leave because "he needs privacy." Whatever it takes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WAY TO GO Jackie Boy!!! He even pottied in the woods at the playground because there were no bathrooms. I figured that was better than going in his underwear.
Welcome back! So glad y'all had a good time! And way to go Jack!!!
What's up Majesty of the Seas!?!
Did you love CoCo Cay (sp?)
Did you go rock climbing at the back of the ship?
Where's the pics?
-MA
That's cruel to think about selling one of your children. They should be sold as a pair!
Perhaps I could send Hayley to Loni and Pop's? I'm very jealous of your cruise AND your potty trained son!
Post a Comment