Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More on "Jackie Boy" and his hygiene habits

For those of you who spend time with our youngest, you have probably heard him refer to himself as "Jackie Boy" (and he insists that others refer to him that way as well). At a church basketball game last night he actually introduced himself that way. "What's your name? I'm Jackie Boy." I imagine that this sort of odd nickname will wear itself out in time. I mean as as infant he was "Chachee" since Sam was practically a babe himself and couldn't say Jack. That was kind of a side note. Anyway, I picked up my little guy from school the other day, and the teacher asked Jack if there was anything he wanted to tell mommy. Oh dear. Those words strike fear in the hearts of many a mother who is honest with herself and realizes that her cherubs are, in fact, just littler sinners (mommies of sinners, you know who you are). Anyway, Jack did NOT have anything that he wanted to tell his mommy, but Jack's teacher wanted to inform said mother of her cherub's antics. Apparently, they were playing on the play ground. It's fenced in on 3 sides with the brick wall of the building enclosing the other side. They were all playing, having a grand and peaceful time. Teachers looked up to see Jackie boy with his pants around his ankles, booty bared for the world, peeing on the brick wall. He makes his mother so proud. Luckily they saw the humor in it, and I promised to make Tom start using indoor facilities and to teach his son to do the same:). If ever I think I've got parenting figured out- I have moments like this to humble me and bring me back to earth.

4 comments:

Marian said...

Oh my goodness how funny!! Let me know when you have it figured out then you can share your secret with me!!

The Safrans said...

Awesome! I feel sure that being mommy to a little boy myself I have a similar incident in my future! :)

Kelli said...

That's hilarious. We've had public moments of embarassment as well - it's even worse when a little girl attempts to use the outdoor urinal! You should let Jack watch the movie Newsies. It is still one of Sloan an dTia's favorites (and mine!) Great story, great music and the main character is called Jackie Boy several times.

Scott, Heidi, and Marshall said...

classic