Sunday, August 23, 2009

Jump Around

Several weeks ago we went to a local bull-riding competition. Not having grown up where belt buckles can double as anchors or hub caps, I am largely unfamiliar with these kind of events. When the advertising said 'open seating' I feared standing room only, so we got there EARLY! No need. The arena was at least 60% empty when the event actually began (an hour after we took our seats). The kiddos were very patient (for the most part). We sang songs, told stories, got a close up look at the bulls (from outside the gate), and stalled until the action started.

Sam is such a good big brother- he is pretty nurturing to his little bro and is constantly trying to keep Jack out of trouble.


The expression is classic Jack. It's like he's saying, "I'm being patient here and really trying to stay cute. However, I may just have a little something up my sleeve!"
Finally! The cowboys enter with a line of fire.

At intermission the rodeo clown invited all the kiddos down to the ring. You don't have to ask Jack twice, and while Sam was a bit more apprehensive, we were proud of him for trying something new bravely. Plus, he kept an eye on Jack, and Sam was so great about making sure little guy new where to go and what to do. Anyway, they had a dance competition for all the kids. It was hysterical. I have never wished for my video camera so much.


Sam- making sure Jack understands what he is supposed to do (sweet brother).
Let the crazy dance party begin! Actually it was more spinning and jumping that dancing, but whatever.

Sam and Jack both made it to the "top 10" and then Jack made it to the top 3 kids. They were both so cute "dancing" together. I realize these still shots don't do the event justice, but you'll get the idea. I don't think Jack really even knew there was a competition going on. He just likes to groove to a funky beat!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

so awesome! so so awesome!