Wednesday, October 22, 2008

If I Could Turn Back Time.....

Any Cher fans out there? I'm seriously wishing I could turn back time (or at least stop it in its tracks for a little while). Sam turned 4 this weekend, and so I have been taking a walk down memory lane- a bittersweet journey. Why does time always drag on when you can't wait for something, and yet it flies by when you need it to slow down? Where did the chubsy, wubsy, roly-poly baby of a boy go? Those of you who knew Sam during his infant days and toddler-hood will probably remember these pics and recall his silly expressions and baby-talk and laugh inside yourself. Those of you who have known him "all grown up" can get a glimpse of the baby that was, and I can be reminded of the child that is growing up before my very eyes.

WARNING: 3 month old impersonating a little old man.

Funny Face, I love you!

Funny Face, I need you!

These are the sweetest words I've ever heard.

Funny Face, don't leave me. Funny Face, believe me. My whole world's wrapped up in you!

Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping baby?

Look, Mom! No hands!

The human head weighs 8 pounds (more with helmet and giant glasses)

age 2 and a half

What does go on inside a toddler's head?

Sam's 3rd birthday- He wanted cup-cakes (big ones with green- it's his favorite).

When did he go all GQ on me?

Sam, we pray for you without ceasing and believe we will see the fruit of those prayers fulfilled as you grow. God has started a good work in YOU, and He will be faithful to complete it. We love you bigger than the ocean and longer than the equator.

1 comment:

Scott, Heidi, and Marshall said...

I definitely got teary as I looked at those precious pictures. Where has the time gone? I love love love that (not so little) boy. He told me he won't get any older than five! I hope he follows through. :)