We celebrated Sam's 4th birthday on his actual birthday this past Sunday. We were lucky to have sunshine and nice temperatures. I'm not sure what we would have done with all those little pirates if we couldn't have been outside. Sam (and Jack for that matter) have really been into pirates lately (I think there was an episode of Backyardigans that really got them inspired). Anyway, never one to do something halfway, we busted out with a treasure chest cake and pirate bandanas and eye patches for all (note to parents: I did not distribute the plastic swords that came with the eye patches, as to not actually put the eye patches to use. You're welcome). We really had fun watching the little people interact and play together. It was somewhat, organized bedlam, but isn't that true anytime you combine sugar and 4- year olds? Here are a few pics.
I think Jack actually blew out the candle for Sam, but since big brother didn't notice.......

3 comments:
Happy birthday to Sam! I wish I could meet him. He's so very cute. I cracked up at that three month old picture of him. Hilarious and oh so precious. Time does fly doesn't it? "The days are long but the years are short..."
hey tom and staci!
i found your blog, and your little family is just TOO precious! it makes me miss you guys so much...brings back memories of lhs and baylor. jeff, emory, and i live about 30 minutes northwest of lhs. jeff is in law school, and i'm a slp in the local school district 3 days/week. we still go to the same church that i grew up in (same one the robertsons went to). you're welcome to see our "world" at our blog--we don't facebook--loved your post about that one!
jill crownover
You're brave... did you make the cake? Very creative!
Post a Comment