So….. maybe I get to keep Sam forever. This morning Sam and I were having a quiet breakfast together (Sam is the early riser while Jack enjoys sleeping in a bit). We read the story of Abraham’s helper going to find a wife for Isaac back in the “land of his father.” We talked about how the man met Rebekah and she and her father agreed that she should leave and go marry Isaac. First of all- I’m kind of in favor of the whole arranged marriage thing (Morgan and Grace are on the short list for would-be wives for our boys). I understand that it may not fly when Sam and Jack are 20-25, but for now, we have no trouble assuming that we and the parents of some nice young lady will be deciding on the nuptials. Anyway, after the story we talked about how some day God will send a girl for Sam to marry. He wanted to know who (Haven’t we all been there?). After I told him that I didn’t know who God would send to him, he made a very wise decision, “I think I’ll just stay here with you and Daddy and Jack.” Halleluiah!
4 comments:
I thought he wanted to marry me!?! What happened to that idea? He is so precious to me.
OUR Morgan?! We're honored, and we'll have to discuss the arrangements during our next weekend together. ;) Either Price boy would make a FINE husband! (or he could just live with y'all...either way!)
wait wait! I was under the impression that I would be SAMs wife. I feel a little upset!
So glad the music is back! Thanks! Now all we need is an update. :)
Post a Comment