Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ghosts of Christmas Past!

Jack's first Christmas (2006) he was 8 months old, smiley, and happy to sit on a jolly man's lap and smile for the camera. However that same Christmas, Sam was barely 2 years old and was not sure what to make of the beard, the suit, the sitting on a stranger's lap thing. Sooooo, "Santa pic 2006" shows a smiling Jack and a wide-eyed, grim-faced Sam.


Take 2. December 2007 we are feeling optimistic. Sam is 3 and gets the concept of the bearded man flying gifts for children all over the world. Jack, just over a year and a half has channeled his brother from the year before. "Santa pic 2007" has Sam grinning from ear to ear and Jack looking like he could jump off of Santa's lap at any moment.



Take 3. After 3 Christmases of trying (and several chicken sandwiches later- any guesses where we went to see Santa?), we finally have a picture with Santa and 2 smiling boys! I'm not saying it's the greatest picture in the world. Hair is a mess, and the 2 little ragamuffins are not in their Christmas finest. But, alas, they are both smiling! I'll take what I can get!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Scott, Heidi, and Marshall said...

i love those little monkeys! tell jackie he needs to stop growing too!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! By the way, thanks for your input and encouragement about Abbie. I have always thought apraxia was a part of it. I just want it fixed, poor thing. People take her for dumb so much because of her speech. It makes me want to get out my baseball bat. (: