Hello. My name is Staci, and I am an embarrassed mother of a two year old. There should be some sort of 12 step program or support group for this kind of thing (can I get an 'amen,' Shelley?).
So I go to Wal-Mart with my angels this morning. It was a rather uneventful trip (and by 'uneventful' I mean the normal amount of requests to please be patient, don't pull your brother's ear, please use a quiet voice, and yes, I know that the lady at the deli is taking a ridiculously long time to slice our meat, but we need to wait, etc). And then we got to the checkout. We put our items on the belt including a container of chocolate milk with a cow lounging across and a tail sticking in front. The embarrassment takes off from here. Remember the request to use quiet indoor voices? Jack forgot. "Mommy, why does that cow have a pe***?" No guile, or humiliation- just pure curiousity. I told him it was the cow's tail, but he was convinced otherwise. "No, Mommy, it's his......" Three repetitions later Sam joined in to remind Jack that we don't use that word in public. Yes, people, we use the real terms. Tom says that boys by age 11 or 12 have enough rude, crude, and socially unacceptable nick-names for body parts, so we just call it what it is. We have also had the "privacy" conversation. Your body parts are not open for viewing or conversation. We don't talk about private things in public. Well, clearly the cow didn't know that. The people around us were either deaf or completely unamused. I turned red, paid as quickly as possible and exited. I guess I'll be driving to a different Wal-Mart for a while.
2 comments:
Hey Tom and Stacy - just got onto your blog! I am sure my son Micah will be doing this before too long. Hilarious!
Oh my gosh! That is too funny!! I was cracking up, though I know you were not at the time. I remember Abbie seeing a friend of mine in Target who happened to be well endowed and showing it. The friend came over, Abbie looked at her and sdaid real loud, "Boobs!" and reached out. I about died!
Post a Comment