Saturday, July 18, 2009
Just Not Worth It
As a parent, there are some things that are certainly worth a battle: kindness to others, respect for authority, obedience, submissive spirit, love of God, and several other biggies. However, with much chagrin I confess that socks with flip flops did not make the cut of "things worth arguing over with a 3 year old." I told Jack to go put shoes on. The pictures show what I got. He did put shoes on. He just added socks with a flop. Not the fashion statement I would have chosen for him. He was convinced it was comfy, and I was not going to convince him otherwise. So I evaluated the gains and losses of having a showdown about this trivial matter, and I gave up the fight before it even began. I guess I will draw the line at black socks with white sneakers.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i'm sure he fit right at in at the seneca walmart!
I think he looks adorable. If you had girls they would be choosing pink sparkley ballet shoes to go with their red and white outfit. I agree, not a battle worth fighting!
Post a Comment